Tuesday 17 April 2018

The Things They Left Behind 6: Heatherlie Quarry (again)

I've been away again - but this time, just to add to excitement, Sal was in New York with her choir - so I was in charge (well sort of!).  Hence I have not been doing much blogging - hope to catch up soon!

These are some images from Heatherlie Quarry, which is an abandoned quarry in the Grampians National Park about fours hours from Melbourne.  I had been wanted to try some black and white shots of the absconded machinery there, and these are the results.  The buildings have been renovated in recent years - but not much!







More pictures from around the world at Our World Tuesday.  SM

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OOOOHHHH>. you know I's luvin these Stewart!!! That one inside the shed is delicious - photographically-speaking. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great old building. Black and white was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post I love these old places to walk around. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that back-and-white photography is an art form unto itself, and while I make no pretence to being a fine judge of the oeuvre these images seem quite splendid to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful in B&W --- just slightly renovated is perfect for a place like this -- enough so they won't fall down, but not altering the buildings significantly. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sunlit interior of the old building.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Favourites are definitely the ones taken inside the buildings. The character of the buildings is emphasised by the B and W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the B&W..They seem to tell it like it is!!.Love the interior shots..great lighting..

    ReplyDelete
  9. When my artist brother was 14, I took him to Australia. We took three cameras — one loaded with colour print film, one with colour slide film, and one with black and white print film. We were exploring in Queensland one day, and Rob had wandered a short distance away with the colour print camera, when he suddenly came running back to me, saying, "Trade cameras with me. This one is a black and white shot!"
    Well, artist that he was even then, he was right. He had found, hidden from me by tall grasses, some very old abandoned cars, perhaps from early in the last century. Black and white was the only way to photograph them!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete