Sunday 7 February 2016

52 Frames - Week 6 - Levitation - "Levitation 50"

This weeks 52Frames challenge was 'Levitation'.  There was a good deal of talk on the FB page about Photoshop merging methods and such like - also many tips on how to make object float with fishing line and then how to clone out the line.

I am not a purist by any means, but I do tend to take images that are not staged - and I was not keen to take an image that relied almost entirely on post camera manipulation for the desired effect.

So, I tried to think of a situation where a high shutter speed capture of an object would give (at least some) illusion of levitation.  A dart about to hit a dart board came to mind.

I must have taken the best part of 300 to get this image as there were lots of variable that could mess the picture up, with picture taken at wrong time and the dart being well out of focus being the two most obvious.  In the end I ended up with lots of pictures of a bare dart board, and lots of pictures of a dart board with a dart already in it.

But persistence payed off!


What do you think?  SM

8 comments:

  1. Nice try! it has come out very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!
    Hope you are having a great week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are not pulling my leg on this one, then I am impressed. More than impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Love it!!! (then again, I enjoy darts...) YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. But....... but....... surely you must have some great shots of birds levitating....with wings spread and fluttering and blurry ..... all those not so perfect shots but most beautiful at the same time? ..... I sure have ......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Persistence sometimes pays off.
    Great photo!

    ReplyDelete