Monday 20 August 2012

Our World Tuesday - Angry Birds?

If like millions of other people you have played Angry Birds - you will know why this post is named as it is!

If not, let me explain!   Angry Birds is a hugely successful game for pods, pads and tablets.  You fire little birds with a catapult (see the link?) at crazy buildings built by pigs!

If you have read more than half a dozen of my posts you will already know that that finding a huge catapult on the beach - with a ready supply of coconuts to hand - is highly likely to bring out the child in me and my children!  But I did manage a picture before it got really silly!

So, we played Angry Birds on the beach - and I have to ask, is that any less of a made up game than the ones I (we?) played as kids?  I don't think so.


I also like the composition and tones of this picture!

You can find more pictures from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the pictures.

PS:  Visits and replies to comments may be a bit think on the ground this week - we have guests!

11 comments:

  1. I thought Angry Birds was just a movie, but with technology today I guess movies are just a small part of the whole picture. How lucky to be so close to the beach to seek out such wonderful beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked one of my grandsons recently what he wanted for his birthday. "Angry Birds" was his reply. I thought it was some sort of board game. Further interrogation revealed it was a video game! Well that ain't gonna happen. They know how grandpa feels about video games as they turn them into little zombies; their little minds melted by the game totally unaware of anything going on around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific capture for the day, Stewart! Hope your week is off to a good start! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find and capture. I have not played the Angry Birds game, but I have heard of it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this game Stewart and as always I think I have misunderstood the rules. Is the idea that you have to hit as many birds as possible with a catapult? Surely not! Enjoy your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can imagine the fun you guys had on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of the game. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo. The piece of wood looks 3D! Almost like it's sitting on top of a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting post and photograph. I hadn't heard of the game. Enjoy your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete